In the last couple of weeks I have been honoured to receive not one, not two, but THREE Sunshine Blogger Awards from some fantastic writers in the blogging community! This is my response to one of those nominations.
Now, let me admit something to you dear readers. I have received other blogging awards before from some amazing people. Being nominated for these is a real privilege. It means someone out there values what you do enough to want to tell their own readers about it. To me this is an incredible honour. With that in mind, you might have thought I would have responded to some of them by now. I mean, I first received one in like 1876 so I can’t argue I didn’t have time, I just never quite managed it. But now things are going to change and I’m going to try to respond (sometimes).
For clarity’s sake, here are the official rules of the Sunshine Blogger Award (which I may or may not stick to because I am just that rad):
- Thank the blogger(s) who nominated you in a blog post and link back to their blog.
- Answer the 11 questions the blogger asked you.
- Nominate 11 new blogs to receive the award and write them 11 new questions.
- List the rules and display the Sunshine Blogger Award logo in your post and/or on your blog.
So to start with, I want to thank the awesome blogger who nominated me. The blogger in question is Zerathulu from The Zerathulu View. If you don’t already follow, make sure you go and check it out – the Nerdly Musings series is a good place to start!
Now let’s get to the questions!
- You’re stuck on a desert island, and have to choose one video game character to help you survive. Who do you choose and why? Guybrush Threepwood from Monkey Island. Guybrush has history with this scenario and I’ll pick luck over skill every time. He just so happens to have the instructional leaflet ‘How to get Ahead in Navigating’ so if his ship is still intact (i.e. if I didn’t sink it with a rock…) we should be able to escape. That’s what that leaflet’s for, right?
- What’s your favourite line/quote from a game? “Your right hand comes off?!” Leon Kennedy, Resident Evil 4.
- Mario has been fired from his job as a plumber. What job do you think Mario would be best-suited for? I think he’d make a good street cleaner. He likes collecting stuff and his special abilities would allow him to get to normally hard to reach places. How many empty Buckfast bottles for an extra life?
- Your computer/console malfunctions and is about to bring the one video game villain/boss you fear the most into the real world. You cross your fingers and hope it’s not…LeChuck from Monkey Island. Whilst not necessarily the most deadly or powerful villain, he was the one that gave me nightmares as a child and that has really stuck with me!
- Which video game character would be/is your favourite to cosplay as? I find choosing characters to cosplay as difficult (I only do closet-cosplay so the characters you can do are limited), but one day I would really like to do Fang from Final Fantasy XIII because she kicks ass and I think I could pull off her look quite well – that ‘partially wrapped in a blue curtain’ thing really suits me.
- If you could go back in time to tell a game developer one thing, which developer/studio would you choose and what would you tell them? I’d tell Neversoft to retain their soul (and not make Guitar Hero: World Tour).
- Supersonic speed or the ability to fly? ‘I wanna fly like an eagle, to the sea. Fly like an eagle, let my spirit carry me!’
- What’s the most number of times you’ve replayed a narrative-driven game? I actually don’t know the answer to this. I don’t replay many narrative driven games. Does Resident Evil 4 count?
- Which game would you most want to play in VR? (Not Xenoblade.Not Xenoblade.Not Xenoblade) Breath of the Wild!
- Which upcoming new game are you buying the instant it gets released? Torna – The Golden Country. Ok, it isn’t a new game so much as an expansion for Xenoblade Chronicles 2, but since I’m famously obsessed with Xenoblade I think it is the most exciting thing ever. Well, not ever, but, yeah.
- You’re walking down a street when you come across a strange device lying on the floor…it’s Chell’s Portal Gun! Picking it up, what’s the first thing you decide to do with it? I’d create an Infinity Loop and jump into it. That is all.
Now on to my questions:
- Who is your favourite video game character and why?
- Would you rather hang back and cast spells or charge in with a sword?
- What is your favourite piece of video game music?
- Is there anything worse than Spring Mario? If yes, then what?
- What’s your favourite type of video game (e.g. RPG, FPS, Driving etc.)? Be as specific or non-specific as you like.
- Playing as the healer. Yes or no?
- If you could have a video game animal as a pet in real life, who would you pick?
- What is your go-to party game (include non-video game games if you wish)?
- Do you have a (possibly irrational) preference for any of the commonly used ‘elements’ in video games (by elements I mean things like Fire and Ice)?
- What character would you love to see in Super Smash Bros. Ultimate that will never ever be in it?
- Green or Purple?
Now the nominations. If you’ve been paying attention, you will know that I currently have the honour as serving as a judge on Adventure Rules‘ awesome blogging competition, Blogger Blitz. Therefore, I wanted to use this opportunity to nominate some of the contestants (eleven is too many anyway, what do the rule makers think I am, some kind of social butterfly?!).
So my nominations are:
- Git Gud at Life, who for Blogger Blitz will be sponsoring Frank Fontaine as their chosen villain.
- The Sheikah Plate, who has courageously stepped in at the last-minute, and will be sponsoring Ganondorf!
- GamersUnited GG, who is sponsoring The Arbiter – Thel Vadam, make sure and check out her first round entry.
- OverThinker Y, who is sponsoring Xehanort in Blogger Blitz this year, go check out his first round entry.
- FlameFlash, who will be sponsoring Sigma, and will be hosting the Blogger Blitz posts on the Monk of Mists site!
- Alex Sigsworth, who will be sponsoring Charles Jericho.
I also want to give a big shout out to Athena from AmbiGaming & Lightning Ellen from Livid Lightning for their amazing entries in round one, I’m not nominating them as I know they have other stuff going on right now, but if you haven’t already you should definitely check out their round one posts as linked to above.
Make sure to keep up-to-date with all the Blogger Blitz goings-on over at Adventure Rules (who I also didn’t nominate because he is WAAAAAY to busy to answer my daft questions!)
Thanks again to the big Z – Zerathulu for the nomination and I’ll catch ya next time, possibly for the Sunshine Blogger Awards, Part 2!
Thanks for reading,